Software Engineer - Platform
Soundtrack Your Brand is a Spotify-backed company that offers music streaming services for businesses. We serve small customers, like the hairdresser around the corner, and large enterprises like McDonald's, Toni & Guy and TAGHeuer.
Playing music in businesses is far different from playing music at home. A business music service is pretty much a collaborative, multi-user, multi-location game where enterprises need a vast selection of music that's continually updated. Also, the music itself profoundly influence consumers' experience and behavior, which we have repeatedly proven in our research, and as thought leaders in in-store music research, we try to educate the world about the impact of music.
Our development team consists of 30 very talented, motivated and humble engineers with experiences from EA, Spotify, Skype, iZettle, Viaplay, Blocket, and Aftonbladet. In total, we are about 90 people working from Birger Jarlsgatan in Stockholm, Seattle, and London.
After building an impressive Nordic customer base in the last couple of years, we have now expanded internationally and are currently live in Europe, America, Asia, and Africa.
You will play a central role in our Platform team, whose responsibilities are the development, availability and maintenance of a wide variety of systems ranging from some of our core services to supporting infrastructure. Some examples of areas you’ll be working with are: authentication and authorization for our core services, data warehouse ingestion, high-availability message queues, distributed websocket services as well as telemetry and logs for our micro services.
In other words, everything we do is focused on the scalability, availability and general well being of our core platform and related services.
We strongly believe in self-organizing teams with a high degree of responsibility. Therefore you will be highly involved in the team’s key decisions and planning while working together towards the team’s goals. This high degree of responsibility also means that we’re counting on you to be self motivated and autonomous.
You're friendly, pragmatic, professional, autonomous and fun to work with. Also, you are probably comfortable with describing yourself as:
- Good at proactively identifying potential issues and bottlenecks as well as designing a plan to remedy them before they turn into production issues.
- Being focused on what is most important here and now, and balancing prioritizing short-term fixes with long term solutions.
- An excellent communicator – inside the team, as well as outside of it. You’re good at describing issues you’re facing, their implications as well as having nuanced discussions about potential strategies for overcoming them.
- A person with an agile mindset who feels comfortable with quickly adapting to constant change.
- An open person who say what you mean and mean what you say.
- You like getting your hands dirty and shipping things!
We are currently looking for a senior engineer and think that you may have some of the following skills:
- Strong background in software engineering, e.g., a CS degree or equivalent fundamentals.
- A strong background in distributed systems as well as a sound understanding of different types of data storage solutions.
- Previous experience of designing event-driven, stream based systems, sic
- Knowledge of different message queues and their trade-offs.
- Previous experience of building scalable, maintainable and robust data management systems and processing pipelines.
- Professional experience of one or several relevant areas
• Container-based platforms like Kubernetes
• Message queues or Distributed logs such as Kafka
• Immutable infrastructure platforms
• Monitoring systems at scale using tools like ELK, Prometheus and Grafana
- Being used to working independently and planning your own time and efforts.
- Experience with unit, integration and load testing.
- Experience of using Git, or a similar distributed source management system.
- Familiar with agile development methods like Scrum or Kanban or variations thereof.
We believe that diversity of perspective and experience will render a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users. We’d like for new employees to contribute to such a diverse workplace.
Apply to: [email protected]